2.11.2009

Updates.

It has been a week since my interview, an interview that went very, very well. There was a lot of head nodding in affirmation on their part in response to the answers I was giving, there was a lot of smiling and even some laughing. It was a very comfortable interview, probably one of the best ones I've had to date. As I left, the Principal shook my hand and said it would be 2-3 weeks before I'd hear about the next round. Going off the positive energy of the interview, I think I feel good about that next phone call. It definitely feels like it's coming...

The weather was unseasonably warm today. That's all I have to say about the weather. Folks around here LOVE to talk about how cold it is and blah, blah, blah. For me, talking about the weather is a lot like gas prices; there's nothing you can do about it, so just deal. And further, if you don't like the weather in this part of the country, move.

I think I have become an official Reality TV addict. On my line-up are the following: The Real Housewives of Orange Co., New York, and Atlanta, The City, Jockeys, Top Chef, Real World, The Bad Girl's Club and when I happen across them: Jon & Kate Plus 8, and Ruby. I think that's it. I hope it is. I will make no excuses, it's a problem but one that I love to indulge.

The subbing jobs have picked up again as I had expected them to. I'm working 2-3 times a week.

I'm proud to report that I have consistently been hitting the gym four times a week for the past six weeks. Go me! It's become more of a habit now, and not so much a challenge anymore. I use http://www.myfooddiary.com/ to track what I'm eating in the hopes that I'll shed a few pounds. The immediate goal is my trip to the West Coast in April. I don't want to return to my homeland looking like a washed up depressed cow, which is easily what I could look like if I let the clouds of my daily existence reign over me. I feel better these days. Thank you workout endorphins.



In May, Big Red and I will celebrate our 9th year together as a couple. I blogged about this anniversary last year and made a point about how quickly couples forget this occasion. It's not as marketable as a wedding anniversary, but in my mind it's just as important if not more. I refuse to ignore all the years that came before the day we were married. Maybe that will change in ten years, but right now that's how I see it. To celebrate, we're spending a weekend at a B&B located just outside of one of our state parks where we plan to bust out the mountain bikes and do some riding. In addition to the state park, we have also booked a tour of Fallingwater. The tour culminates in a brunch out on the terrace of the property. Needless to say we're both looking forward to our little getaway.

No comments: