12.19.2010

4 months. 4 days.


We began the process of finishing our basement on August 14th. We officially declared it DONE yesterday, December 18th, when we moved the sectional down there and plugged in the new TV. Yes there are a few minor, minor details left (trim the threshold for the door out to the backyard, and touch-up a couple of boo-boos), but other than those, our basement is now the family room.

And it's beautiful. I've been posting the transformation on Facebook, and many have commented on how amazing of a job we've done. Let's get one thing straight. The "we" in this project was really, almost entirely, Big Red. I cannot begin to calculate how many hours he has put into that room. Yes, I forged a lead on the design of the room, but it was his labor and sweat and back-breaking hours that brought this room together. I'm so thankful he was willing to take on such a huge project. He never ceases to amaze me.

We spent our first night in the family room, watching TV and munching on Cool Ranch Doritos and white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies. Big Red sipped on a martini, and me some Gatorade. Perfect.

ps: I'll post pictures of the finished family room once I'm done decorating...

No comments: