3.02.2011

15 lbs.

I am now 15 lbs lighter than I was two months ago.  Go me!  I'm determined to make this stick, as it is has been my most successful endeavor to get healthy, in a long, long while.  As of Monday, I weighed in at 159 lbs.  I haven't broken into the 150s since before my wedding in 2007.  In fact, I only broke into the 150s because I was getting married, and I wanted to look fabulous.  And I knew the pictures would be around FOR-EVER. It was my day and I wasn't going to let some flab, flub it up.

The journey is not any easier this time around, but I will say that I am more focussed and more determined.  I can't explain it.  I just know that I am ready to commit to life-long health.  Whether I end up with a shredded washboard mid-section isn't of consequence to me.  As of right now, I want for myself to be healthy and fit, and for my clothes to look good on me.  I want to dress sharp for work, and I want to look sexy for myself. No doubt Big Red gets to benefit from all this.Wink.Wink.

I struggle like all other busy adults.  I get home. I'm tired. There is dinner to cook, and TV to watch work to to do.  I have been very consistent with the elliptical, at least 2-3 times a week.  The weather in this here part of the country has thwarted my running a bit, but the severe cold seems to be on its way out.  Tomorrow I start my cake/cupcake/cookie decorating class.  I won't be running tomorrow after work, but I'm definitely hoping to lace up my kicks on Friday.

I'm trying not to get caught up in how much further I have to go, but rather just focusing on where I am today, and what I need to do to be successful today.  I don't beat myself up if I don't exercise, nor do I dwell on having consumed half a donut.  The point is I'm making progress.


No comments: