7.30.2011

good eats: lentil chili

This is a recipe that I found after the Whole Foods rep visited work at the end of last school year. He had several printed cards with recipes for us to leaf through and take. I took. I wasn't sure how the chili would end up, especially with picky Big Red. Turns out - it was perfectly yummy, and the recipe made A TON. We had enough to eat for several days, and surprisingly, no one got tired of the leftovers. They just got more tasty with each day.


The consistency is not one of a typical chili, so don't be expecting anything like that. The ingredients are simple  and nothing is difficult to find on grocery store shelves. It's super freaking healthy which is just an added bonus. We made it and served it over some rice. Here's the recipe for Lentil Chili.

I did change a few things up a bit. The recipe called for 4 teaspoons of chili powder, but I only added two. I don't like my food that spicy hot. I also omitted the cilantro (calls for 1/4 cup), as Big Red thinks it tastes like perfume. I think it tastes like heaven and will never get enough of it. Next time, I'm going to serve the cilantro on the side so that I can add it to my own bowl. What I did add was some garlic salt, to taste, a few shakes of Worcestershire sauce and few shakes of Frank's Red Hot sauce. The result was magnificent. I've also made note and the next time I make this, and there will be a next time, I'm going to throw in some corn for the added sweetness.

All in all a scrumptious dish, easy to make, and healthy to boot. Enjoy!

No comments: