12.05.2008

Dearest Santa,

I hope that 2008 has treated you well, and this letter finds you happy, healthy and enjoying the company of Mrs. Claus. I am unaware of a statute of limitations with regards to the age of your letter writers, so I will proceed.

It has been a mixed year. Big Red and I celebrated one year of marriage, in addition to eight years of togetherness. I accomplished much as an educator in CA, but have remained fruitless as a teacher now on the East. Our physical move across the country was eleven days of excitement and beauty, but we have seen little of anything else since our arrival to our new home. There have been many days where Big Red and I have looked each other in the eyes and questioned what we have done. The glue that holds this all together: our faith in ourselves. Believing in the future that we know in our heart of hearts we are capable of achieving.

Enough of the chit-chat, time to get on with what's important here: my list. I have arranged my desires from least to most expensive, and the range, if I might add, is pretty impressive. I've also included links, when possible, for your convenience. I trust you are an avid reader of blogs and know how to get around a brilliantly written one such this.

1. 16G iPod Nano (pink please)
2. Frye Harness Boots (brown, size 8)
3. Calphalon 10-Piece Cookware Set
4. Nikon 80-200 Zoom-Nikkor Lens
5. Adobe Photoshop CS4
6. Nikon D80
7. Apple iMac w/24 inch screen
8. Elsa Peretti for Tiffany, Diamonds by the Yard Necklace
9. Absolve my Student Loans.
10. Dylan McKay's Car, aka Porsche 356 Speedster

Now Santa, if all this appears to be a little too indulgent and perhaps even garish, well then a I'd happily accept a gift certificate to the local day spa for an hour long full body massage. Please take care when coming down the chimney, and dress warmer than usual; this house is freezing.

With Hope,
Wonder Woman

1 comment:

Amy said...

Very clever! I hope you get what you want!