5.27.2009

Gardening.

I would never classify myself as a gardener or someone with a green thumb. I like the idea of gardens, but I don't know much about plants and such. Behind our house is a fairly steep hillside. It's covered in weeds and not too pretty to look at. We don't want to spend much money on the hillside because we don't own the place, but if we could do something for maybe $50 or less, it might be worth the time and effort.

In a perfect world, I'd love to attract butterflies with a colorful garden. It's not too big of a space, the space I've imagined clearing of weeds and replacing with pretty plants. I think I might do some patches of mulch (shredded bark is apparently the way to go for a hillside) with potted plants, then maybe some ground cover and a few colorful specimens.

It's been rainy here, so I can't move along yet, but I'll be sure to post what I've accomplished...

No comments: